APHetalia: World War Five!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APHetalia: World War Five!

We are the world. We speak, to be heard.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.: WWV News Box :.

Welcome, new and old members. - Admin Space
Old members, you have 5 days to reclaim your canons. - Admin Space
USE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT.

Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-Texas-

-Texas-

Cupcakes : 132

Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen Empty
PostSubject: Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen   Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 pm

Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen Finland-Flag
Tino Väinämöinen
Republic of Finland

Oh! Hello there. You came here to learn about me? Alright, then I shall tell you about myself.

Background

I guess I should properly introduce myself. My name is Tino Väinämöinen. I am the personification of the Republic of Finland. Since I've been around for a while, my history is quite long. In fact, there's evidence that points to my ancestors settling in Finland around 8500 BC. Wow! That's a long time ago! Then around the 12th Century, Finland was ruled by Swedish kings and my land was fully joined with Su-san's (Sweden's) land.

After the Finnish War in 1809, which was a fight between Su-san and Russia over my land, I became a part of the Russian Empire, in which I was known as the Grand Duchy of Finland. My time under Russian rule was very harsh and my people and I longed to be free. So in 1917 after World War I, when both Russia and Germany declared Finland an independent country, I was overjoyed! However, my happiness was short lived.

Soon after in 1918, a civil war erupted in my homeland. It was a war between my senate and my common workers. I felt so torn! They were both my people and I didn't know who to help, and even though Su-san joined the war and helped my senate, I still was unsure. The Finnish workers were defeated and most of them were sent to prison camps. Although the senate had won, my capital was under the control of the German army.

In 1919, I finally officially gained and kept my freedom when both the United States and the United Kingdom recognized Finnish sovereignty. Since then, my country has withstood radicalism, the crisis of World War II, and pressure from the Soviet Union during the Cold War. After all that I've been through, I can say that I am proud to be Finland.

Gender/Height/Weight

I am a male who is 170 cm (or 5 ft. 5 1/2 in.)
And my weight? *smiles* ...That's a secret.

Personality

People tell me that I am very talkative and that I am simplistic, gentle, and honest.
They also tell me that I seem rather adult-like.

Relationships

Sweden -- He always tells people that I'm his wife, but I'm not! However, we are very close and he is very special to me. He'll always be my Su-san~

Sealand -- He's Su-san's adopted son and I help raise him, so I guess he's sort of my son too.

Estonia -- We've known each other for a very long time, so we're great friends.

Russia -- His rule over me was very harsh and it is still a sore spot for me. Although I've forgiven him, we're still rather distant with each other.

Norway -- He's my neighbor and a good friend of mine.

Denmark -- Although Su-san and I fled from his rule long ago, I've forgiven him and we're friends now.

Iceland -- Although I don't know much about him, I like to think that we're friends.

Åland -- She's like a sister to me, and although we fight quite a bit, I still care about her.

Appearance

Here's a picture of me:

Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen Finfi001

Back to top Go down
http://takemori.deviantart.com

Republic of Finland :: Tino Väinämöinen
Page 1 of 1