APHetalia: World War Five!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APHetalia: World War Five!

We are the world. We speak, to be heard.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.: WWV News Box :.

Welcome, new and old members. - Admin Space
Old members, you have 5 days to reclaim your canons. - Admin Space
USE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT.

War on the Horizon [Paragraph]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
-Texas-

-Texas-

Cupcakes : 132

War on the Horizon [Paragraph] Empty
PostSubject: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:14 pm

The Texan was somehow able to slip away from Alfred while his back was turned. No doubt he'd be chasing after her, but he'd also have quite a bit of trouble finding her in this large city. Although, he most likely knew it's layout better than she did. Despite this, she was persistent in catching up with that strange purple-haired man. He...intrigued her, for lack of a better word. She wanted to know what his deal was, and possibly find out why he talked like he came straight out of the Renaissance.

Her head jerked up as she caught sight of something up ahead. Yup, it was definitely him. Nobody else walked around in a black cloak. Or any cloak, for that matter. Fueled by determination, she quickly caught up with him and grabbed him by the swaying fabric of his cloak. "Looks like I finally caught up wit' ya. Now, mind answerin' some questions for me?"

Back to top Go down
http://takemori.deviantart.com
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

Cupcakes : 116
Location : East of the Sun, west of the Moon, north of the Earth

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Leaving the knight behind, strangely enough, no one had tried to stop him yet. Once he had come a bit out of sight, Sycrensia slowed down and instead kept close to the house walls, trying as best he could not to draw more attention to himself. As well as ignore how sleepy he was... What if he already was asleep...? Maybe was it all a dream? ... ... It probably was. Earth had never been quite this strange. A bad dream, then... He wondered how it was even possible for his mind to come up with all this. And he hoped he would wake up soon... How was it that he could still be sleeping in such terrible noise? Once he woke up, whomever was causing it would regret doing so.

But dream or not, the knight or someone could be setting up an ambush for him at this very moment, and if so he feared he would not be able to notice... Knowing that made him feel uneasy. He turned to throw a glance over his shoulder. And thought for a moment he had caught a glimpse of the Lady Texas... Was she following him? He continued to walk, pretending not to have seen her... Until he felt a tug on his cloak. What was she up to? This bold move probably meant that her knight was somewhere nearby... "I told you not to follow me," he said without turning, slipping out of the cloak and starting to run again.
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Her victory was short-lived as he managed to free himself, and left her with only his cloak as a reminder of her brief capture of him. Thus, she began chasing this strange man for the third-time in the last hour. His movements did seem slightly sluggish, but he had a head start so she didn't know if she could catch up with him. Maybe, she could convince him that she meant him no harm. She only wanted information after all. "Wait!" she called out to him, still running. "I don't want to hurt you! I only want some answers!"

Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

As he was running, everything in the surroundings seemed even more confusing. At this rate she would catch up with him-- He could hear her shouting something behind, and he did not know where he was headed either. When a more narrow alley appeared he made a quick turn into it, then continued around a corner, where he stopped... Placing his sword in position before himself, prepared to strike down whomever followed closest.
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Texas was sprinting by this time, and she nearly sighed with relief when she saw a flash of purple-hair turn into an alley. As far as she knew, a lot of these alleys were dead-ends. So she hoped that this one was as well. It wasn't really her plan to trap him, she just din't want to have to chase him anymore. It was starting to annoy her.

She was running so fast that she actually skidded past the alley a bit. Yet, she quickly recovered and entered the alley. She vaguely noticed that it wasn't a dead end, so she continued running and turned a nearby corner. She halted in surprise to see the man holding his sword towards her in defense. She had a quick regret of not bringing her revolver, but she shook the feeling away nearly as soon as it had appeared. Although she would have felt safer with a weapon, it probably would have only made the situation worse.

Sammy helped up her hands to show that she meant no harm before speaking to him in a calm voice. "I'm not goin' to hurt you. I'm only curious and I just want some answers."

Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Hannes was only so close from dealing his pursuer a blow when he saw her quickly raised hands and stopped the blade. Still pointing it against her, as he would rather have backed away and have another attempt at fleeing, fighting his instincts he somewhat hesitantly retreated a few steps. He understood all too well he would not be able to keep up this running for long, and besides it was bringing up bad memories. "...If that be so, my previous offer stands," he answered. "I seek to leave this place... Grant me that, and what answers you desire in turn you shall have."
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Texas raised an eyebrow at the building before her. It probably wasn't the type of place that he had had in mind, but it was the best that she could come up in such short-notice. Plus, she didn't really know her way around the city, so after Sammy had agreed to the man's offer, they had ended up just wandering around until they had found the old, abandoned warehouse which they now stood in front of. Well, it would fit their needs for the time being. They could always change locations later. At least it was in the part of the city where not many people roamed about.

It'd be a perfect hiding spot for the Texan, who was currently running from a furious American, and a decent resting spot for her strange companion, who looked practically dead on his feet. "Well, I suppose we can stay here for now. Away from any pryin' eyes." She said before casting him a sympathetic glance. "We can move later, but I figured you'd want ta rest first. You do look pretty worn out."

Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 pm

As he followed behind Texas, Sycrensia's main concern had been trying to keep himself awake. When they stopped in front of the strange building she had led him to, he gave her a slight frown. "Is the town border still far from here...? ... ... If this is... Are you intending to trap me, I... ... unhh..." Another wave of dizziness came over him, and he wobbled over to lean against the wall. After a while raising his head to look suspiciously at her... "Why? Your knight is not here... is he? How come you sought me a second time...? I... You should be aware that... I may yet kill you at any moment... ..." He was almost glaring now. His weakness was obvious, and he did not like that anyone should see him this way. Moreover, being about to fall asleep at any time now was not something he felt safe with... at all. Not here. If he did, he feared that perhaps he would never wake up again.
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Texas raised an eyebrow at the man. She moved a little closer so that she could help should he need any assistance. That's need assistance. Not want assistance. The Texan honestly didn't care whether he would appreciate her help or not. "Well, I'm not real' familiar with New York, but I assume that we're pretty close to the 'Jersey border" At least I hope we are. "An' I have no reason to trap ya. Like I told ya before, I only want some answers. Answers that only you can give me."

"Nobody knows we're here. I came alone." She shook her head at his present condition, and her eyes softened slightly as she dared to move a little closer to him. "An' sorry, but ya can't exactly kill me in your current state."
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm

As she approached Hannes continued to stare at her, pressing closer to the wall. He was still disturbed at the thought of being unconscious near a potential enemy, but... What if she spoke the truth? He was not unfamiliar with curiosity. If she truly was helping him... No. The more he thought of it, the less did he dare count on it... "... I would rather this weakness of mine had not made itself known so early. Be that as it may, little choice am I left with... Soon shall I fall asleep; then must my fate depend upon your will. Lady Texas... If... If there be reason for me to regret not claiming your life here and now... I ask that at least--" He cut himself off, shifting his face away from her. Taking a deep breath, yet a shiver ran through him as he continued, "T-Tell them... I take back what I said... ... ..." Again his mind was drifting off, and almost as if by habit he walked around in a circle before curling up in a small ball on the floor. Having done so, he was already fast asleep.
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:22 pm

She smiled down at him. "Don't worry, you can trust me. I won't tell anyone about you." As the man, whom she still didn't have a name of, curled up and fell asleep, Sammy couldn't help feeling that he looked sort of...cute, for lack of a better word. He also looked vulnerable, but she would never dare take advantage of that. If she ever fought, she attacked head on and not from the back like a coward. Also, she had no reason to fight him. In fact, she would even keep him safe, at least until she got her answers. After that...well, she'd worry about that later.

Sammy sat down beside her new acquaintance. She was planning to keep watch. What she wasn't planning on was the huge wave of exhaustion that hit her. The days events had finally caught up to her and Sammy let out a large yawn. Her eyes drifted shut and she fell asleep, blissfully unaware of her current sleeping position, in which she was leaning fully against the purple-haired alien.
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am

Hours later, Sycrensia began to stir. Something felt heavy... Finding he did not think it very comfortable, he gave a grumble and reluctantly opened his eyes to see what it was. Then seeing the sleeping girl, he blinked in surprise. Now what was the meaning of this? Letting his gaze wander over the surroundings, then back to Lady Texas, it took him several moments to apprehend the situation. She was the one who had brought him here... Then he had fallen asleep, and-- He studied her face. This would mean that she was an honest woman after all... It had been wrong of him to doubt her. He smiled a little. She looked very pleasant in her sleep...

Then it dawned upon him that this could be seen as defiance towards his king, and suddenly felt his cheeks burning. "Get off of me...!" he scowled, pushing her away.
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 am

As Sycrensia was blushing, Texas was scrunching her eyes up in obvious distress

Blood. So much blood. Why did there have to be so much blood?! Yes. There was blood all around her. Blood mixed with death. Death as far as the eye could see. That didn't matter to her though. All that mattered was the single body that lay before her. His hair's blonde shine had been dulled by blood. His eyes were closed, but she knew that his vibrant sapphire eyes were now a pale blue. And she didn't need to see the large hole in his chest to know that her Alfie was dead.

Sammy abruptly woke as she was forced from her resting place. "What the hell?!" she asked to the man before her. Yet, she was also silently asking herself the same question about her dream. What was that...?

Her thoughts were sidetracked when she noticed something about Sycrensia. So, she turned to him and lifted an eyebrow in question. "Why's your face all red?"
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:48 pm

"Wh-Wha..." The question made him blush even more. Of course he had no interest in her. The king had explicitly forbid him to fall in love during this campaign, he reproached himself. And even if she was not an enemy... Once she had had her answers regarding his intents, the kindness she had showed him so far would surely fade... He shook his head. "This did never happen," Sycrensia stated determinedly as he rose, brushing himself off and making sure that the sword was still in place at his side. He then gave her a slight nod, "My pardons. For earlier... Lady Texas, you have my trust. At least for the time being," he said as he held his hand out to help her up. "We must remain here no longer, let us be on our way."
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Sammy blinked in confusion. "Okay..." He seemed a bit flustered for some reason, but the Texan just shrugged it off. Maybe that was just another weird thing about him. "An' don't worry about it. I understand where you were comin' from. I probably wouldn't have trusted me either."

She really didn't want to take his hand. She always did everything on her own, and she was happy like that, but it would probably come off as rude not to. So, she took the hand, and almost immeadiatly let go, but not before blushing slightly at the contact. She looked up to the sky as she thought of possible destinations of where they could go. Then it hit her. The large 50-room house! It was perfect. After all, nobody ever finds something that's hidden in plain sight. "Right and I think I know just the place that we could hide at." With that said, the two headed for Washington, D.C.
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Had she just said 'we'? Tagging along behind his mysterious companion, Hannes wondered what she could possibly be escaping from. But now that he was no longer feeling tired, soon enough his thoughts began to wander off elsewhere. Before the two reached their destination he had managed to almost forget that he was supposed to keep himself out of view, tripping twice from staring up at the buildings in amazement, being startled by various noises, admiring colorful signs and peculiar lights... even being yelled at for bumping into people. Which made him regain his mind somewhat, but with his attention scattered all over the place, it did not last for quite as long as he found himself wishing. Once he almost feared he had lost Texas. After that he contemplated taking her hand to prevent himself from further straying, but on second thought he decided that she had seen enough of his weaknesses. He would try to focus instead...
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:48 pm

The 51-bedroom house stood before them Sammy gulped at the thought of cleaning all of those rooms. It was a large mansion-type place on the outskirts of the nation's capital. The two walked up onto the wrap-around porch, the tall white columns helped to shield them further from the sun's revealing rays. The state entered through the back door with the foreign country.

She walked up the wooden steps and down the long hallway before opening a door that had a single star on it. Sammy smiled slightly at the Texas flag that adorned her wall, then she turned back to face her companion. "Ya should be safe here. Nobody ever comes in this room without my permission. Plus, this is a big house, so plenty of places to hide if someun's comin'"
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Judging by her words, she was apparently expecting him to stay here... Taking a few careful steps forward, Hannes let his gaze wander over the room. The furniture had unusual designs... His eyes stopped at a something above the dresser. It was a picture of Lady Texas, and... her knight, Alfred. Walking closer, he saw that it was very skillfully painted. Actually it looked so real, it was almost hard to believe. Giving her a smile as he turned to her again, he asked, "No doubt, this is a masterpiece. May I enquire of who painted it?" But no sooner had the words left his mouth than he remembered the promise he had given her. If this was as far as she would take him, she could begin questioning him at any time... At once his gaze fell on the window, and having decided on his escape route, moved closer to it. In the event of having to do a quick retreat...
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:35 pm

Sammy's eyebrows shot up in disbelief before slowly lowering. He just kept getting weirder and weirder. How on earth was she supposed to respond to his odd question? And where has he been the last few centuries? Living under a rock. With him, anything was possible, she supposed. "Uh...my camera did?" she replied, unsure. "It's digital. No painter." Surely that meant something to him. Then again, from what she'd seen so far...probably not.

She saw him scoot closer to the window and her eyes furrowed in determination. She couldn't let him leave. Not yet at least. "Wait!" she said, hoping to keep him here until her questions were answered. "Who are you exactly? And why did you declare war?" She supposed that it was best to get the most important questions out of the way first.
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

Giving her a nod over his shoulder, he ensured, "I shall keep to my word... ... And if at all possible... However things may seem, there is little pleasure I take to shattering glass. When you have done with questioning me, pray you allow me to leave by some other means, regardless of what I must tell." He turned to face her. "As far as memory serves me, this is our first meeting. I intend not to further intrude upon your kindness, yet it would much please me not to count you among my enemies, Lady Texas. If England be a friend of yours that is however unlikely, for against him I would to war. And my cause... ..." he stopped, hesitating. He was not fond of thinking on that part of his past, and now found himself at a search for words. "... I... ... F-For the wrongs that... I have been long banished. Once, before it came to that I... thought of England as a friend... yet, at that time was I betrayed by him. That is why. If... May I assume that you shall send him word? Then let him know that the Kingdom of Sycrensia declares war... against Earth," he added with a grin, and bowed slightly. "'Tis a pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Sammy nodded. However, she couldn't help feel a bit disappointed. She knew that soon there would be no reason to stay, yet she wanted him to stay. He still intrigued her, and she had honestly never met anyone like him before. "I-I understand," she responded somewhat regretfully. "There would be no reason for ya to stay here any longer." She glanced at him before rolling her eyes up towards the ceiling in thought. "England and I are...very distant, but if you want me to, then I could tell him that for ya."

Texas glanced away as she thought of his words. "Yes...Sycrensia, was it?...it was a pleasure to meet ya as well. I do not wish for us to be enemies. However, if what ya say is true, then..." She turned to him, her eyes clouding over slightly as she spoke her next words. "Then that means that ya are declarin' war against me as well."
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 pm

He nodded, then began digging for something in his robes. "That I am. We have a matter unsettled, I believe, milady... ... ..." ...Those words had been completely unnecessary, on the brink to foolishness, even. He knew that... but the thought of someone who did 'not believe' in magic was still something he found to be far too disturbing. It would be just a little... Having found what he was looking for, he gave her a smug smile as he decided to hold it behind his back for a while. "... ...Will there be no more questions, then?"
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 5:47 pm

"Yes. I believe that's all of them." Sammy nodded but quirked an eyebrow in confusion. What was he looking for? Now her curiosity was greatly peaked and she leaned a bit closer to try and sneak a quick peek as he hid the item behind his back. Nothing. Not even a glimpse. "What ya got there behind yer back?" Texas might as well have invented the saying, 'Curiosity killed the cat', for all the trouble that that particular personality trait got her in.
Back to top Go down
Sycrensia
Magic Kingdom
Sycrensia

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Something was rustling behind him... "Before I take my leave, there is one thing you should know in regards to who I am." The next moment he produced what looked like a... bush. A small bush. With his hand entirely covered in dangling roots, he held it out towards her... and the lilac burst into bloom in front of her face. "I am known as the kingdom of magic... I shall deny it no more. And I dare you-- My very existence shan't be denied to my face again!" he laughed. "Here, please accept my apologies... I may have declared war. But I am also indebted to you... Unless you make the first move you need fear no harm from me. I seek not new foes."
Back to top Go down
-Texas-

-Texas-

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Sammy stared wide-eyed at the bush, blinking a few times. What did he just do...? She'd seen cheap magic tricks before that were similar to what he had just done, but his version seemed so much more...realistic than the others. Could he really...? She shook her head. No, that was impossible. There was no such thing as magic! And yet... "I didn't mean to insult ya earlier. It's just well...I've neva seen magic before, so it's kinda hard for me to believe in it. "

At his next words, she looked at him in shock. He wasn't serious?! Apparently, he was. "Ya can't possibly win! A single person is no match against every country on earth!" She gave a small apologetic smile before continuing. "And I'm sorry, but from what I've seen, ya seem to be quite ignorant of the world."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War on the Horizon [Paragraph]   War on the Horizon [Paragraph] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War on the Horizon [Paragraph]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next